The technically advanced Ultima steel framed buildings can be configured in an endless variety of ways for a workspace that is bespoke to your organisation.
3.2m ceiling heights provide a sense of space
Floor areas up to 47m2 and ceiling heights up to 3.2 metres give you spacious, airy interiors, in highly insulated modular buildings that help you to keep your energy usage and costs under control.
Why choose the Ultima building range?
- Flexible modular buildings to accommodate any number of people
- Superior thermal efficiency, with air tightness that exceeds Building Regulations requirements
- High-specification modular construction that complies with all relevant permanent Building Regulations
- Comfortable, welcoming, spacious interiors suitable for any building use
- Steel framed buildings have the capability to create multi-storey buildings - giving you complete flexibility in the size and configuration of your building
- Building modules available in a host of sizes with floor areas from 23m2 to 47m2 and ceiling heights up to 3.2 metres to create spacious, airy interiors
- Modules can be linked to existing buildings to create fully integrated facilities
Exceeds air-permeability regulations by 70%
Independent tests conducted by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) show that Ultima modular buildings exceed the Building Regulations Part L air-permeability requirements by 70 per cent. That means a more comfortable working environment - as well as enhanced thermal efficiency.More about Accreditations and Certificates
- External walls are of a durable one-piece construction with high-performance, low-maintenance plastisol-coated galvanised steel external finish to offer protection against extreme weather and accidental damage
- The floor has a rigid galvanised steel frame and underfloor thermal insulation of foil-faced rigid polymer slabs for a sturdy, robust feel.
Meeting all regulations
- Independently awarded a British Board of Agrément (BBA) certificate confirming that it meets the requirements of The Building Regulations (England and Wales), The Building (Scotland) Regulations, The Building Regulations (Northern Ireland) and other permanent building standards and codes of practice.
- The roof deck is of one-piece construction and is impact resistant. It is covered with solar-reflective, profiled aluminium-zinc coated steel to reduce heat gain.
- Steel-faced doors have an insulating core that minimises heat loss. The anodized aluminium frame also incorporates draughtproof weather seals.
- The windows have PVC-U frames and are double-glazed with low energy glass for optimum thermal performance.
- Walls, doors and roof are insulated with environmentally friendly CFC-free Envirofoam, a rigid polymer insulation material that is lightweight and yet enhances long-life structural strength and ensures an energy-efficient building.
Being based on one site is vital for us and Portakabin was able to quickly deliver high quality buildings into a very challenging environment. As a completely new UK industry, we want to make our processes and products as productive and cost effective as possible and we were impressed with their ability to meet our tight time constraints.