Flexible ward space plays a critical part in meeting targets. A modular solution from Portakabin enables you to quickly adapt space to keep up with changing patient demands.
Bespoke Ward Units
We work closely with trust stakeholders to prioritise patient flow in our design and planning, integrating our facilities so that they complement your existing patient flow plans.
Modular wards can feature:
- Clean/dirty utility
- Staff and kitchen area
- Multi-disciplinary team meeting rooms (MDT)
- Quiet rooms
- Single ensuite rooms
- Bed units
- Nurse call systems, medical gasses, access controls, WiFi (data) and cap and cove flooring
Layouts tailored to facilitate recovery
Designs account for details that are specific to a ward area. The layouts are tailored to provide enough space around beds, to facilitate patient contact and to accommodate equipment, with adequate storage. They are light and airy to aide patient recovery and design features such as integral blinds for the windows make infection control much easier.
Designed and built to healthcare standards
Our healthcare buildings can be designed to meet the latest healthcare standards including: HBN, HTM, WHBN, SHPN, HAI-SCRIBE where required. We also work closely with the IPC (infection prevention and control) to ensure we meet your hospital's clinical needs.
LHC and NHS Shared BS framework approved
We are also part of frameworks including LHC and NHS Shared Business Services to ensure your procurement process is as smooth as possible.
Speed was the principle reason for using a modular solution for the building… The finished building is very impressive. It provides a good patient environment both for children in the Children’s Department and for adults in the Elective Care Centre and the new surgical ward. It addresses the issues of patient privacy and dignity, and we are pleased with the ambience, feel, space and quiet.
Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers say about our track record of delivering successful ward units.
Royal Stoke University Hospital
University Hospital North Midlands NHS Trust successfully gained funding for extra bed space, on condition that procurement, build and commissioning of the building was within four months. Engaging Portakabin through the NHS Shared Business Services framework made this possible, with manufacture of the facility beginning just seven weeks into the programme.
Your Ward Unit from Portakabin
- Significant speed, quality and environmental benefits over traditional building construction
- Minimised disruption to your site - construction and fit out off site, before being delivered ready for rapid installation
- Delivery within days from stock, or in a matter of weeks for bespoke projects, giving you a faster return on your investment
- Assured quality - Portakabin buildings have BBA (British Board of Agrément) and LABC (Local Authority Building Control) approvals, confirming their compliance with all relevant Building Regulations and Building Standards.
- Complete future flexibility - your building can easily be removed or relocated if your needs change
Ward Unit solutions to suit all budgets and timeframes
It’s easy to get the buildings you need, when you choose Portakabin. Whether you want the total financial flexibility of hiring, the permanence of buying newly manufactured or you want the added sustainability of a pre-owned refurbished Portakabin building, there’s an option to suit you.
Much more than a building
From concept to completion and beyond – there’s a specialist behind every stage of your project.
With a truly 360˚ service from Portakabin, rest assured that there’s a team of modular experts managing every stage of your project and your ward unit's lifecycle.