When you're building a new nursery for pre-school children, you want to provide a safe, stimulating and inspiring environment that encourages children to play, explore and learn.
That’s why Portakabin provides child-centred nursery and children's centre buildings, designed to deliver stimulating, fun and safe early years education for any number of children.
Expertly designed modular nursery buildings
Using specialist early years architects in partnership with leading pre-school consultants and complying with relevant nursery regulations.
The child-focused elements of our prefabricated nursery buildings include vibrant colours and furnishings, child-level windows, benches, sinks and toilets, sheltered verandas for outdoor play - and a host of other child-friendly features for 0-7 year-olds.
Your unique space
Your building can be combined with a range of community facilities - from health clinics to training rooms. Designed just the way you want it - it can be as large or small as you need, a stand-alone building, or linked to existing facilities - accommodating any number of children.
Trust our experience
Portakabin has delivered nursery buildings across the country, ranging from small nurseries for just eight children up to major pre-school facilities for more than 100 youngsters.
When you choose a nursery from Portakabin, you will only have one supplier to deal with. We'll manage everything from the initial consultation and design, through planning permission applications to installing and fully fitting out your building - as well as providing all the follow-up support and maintenance you need.
Our new nursery is proving very popular. Parents are always impressed when we show them round, and our 11 staff really like working here. Most importantly, the children love it too, and really enjoy playing in the bright, spacious rooms.
Don’t just take our word for it, see what our customers say about our track record of delivering successful nursery buildings.
Priority School Building Programme
As part of the Government’s £4.4 billion Priority School Building Programme (PSBP), which rebuilds or refurbishes school buildings in the worst condition across the country, Portakabin was awarded a contract to deliver six schools in the Surrey and Kent batch.
Your nursery building from Portakabin
- Complete nursery building solution designed specifically to meet the needs of young children and their carers
- Complies with Ofsted National Daycare Regulations and Child Protection Act guidelines, as well as the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act (SENDA), making it accessible and safe for all children
- Choose all the child-friendly areas you want, from quiet rooms and activity rooms to baby rooms and wet-play areas with anti-slip flooring
- Buildings feature child-level windows, heated benches, sinks, toilets and storage units, plus low-level partitioning for unobstructed views across the nursery
- Range of educational fantasy features available, including trains, ships and cloud-shaped lighting clusters
- Veranda-style external space for sheltered play all year round, plus covered entrance for a welcoming introduction to the nursery
- Innovative yet sensitively designed external appearance - available in a choice of colours
Nursery solutions to suit all budgets and timeframes
It’s easy to get the nursery buildings you need, when you choose Portakabin. Whether you want the total financial flexibility of hiring, the permanence of buying newly manufactured or you want the added sustainability of a pre-owned refurbished Portakabin building, there’s an option to suit you.
Much more than a building
From concept to completion and beyond – there’s a specialist behind every stage of your project.
With a truly 360˚ service from Portakabin, rest assured that there’s a team of modular experts managing every stage of your project and your nursery building’s lifecycle.