Jaguar Land Rover
HireWhy hire from portakabin
- 3500m2 office space for 550 sales and design staff
- Two-storey facility comprising more than 100 steel-framed modules
- Fitted with a lift, stair pods, toilets and tea points
- Upgraded internal partitioning and doors
- High-specification air-conditioning and ventilation system
- Full commercial kitchen
- Fire alarms, access control, CCTV, steps, smoking shelter, ramps and cycle store
- Building Control application managed by Portakabin
Rapid growth at Jaguar Land Rover prompted the need for high-quality interim office accommodation for the car manufacturer’s sales and design teams.
Portakabin was chosen to provide the interim modular building, which will be in-situ for three years. The specially designed building provides space for 550 sales and design staff, enabling Jaguar Land Rover to bring its sales and design teams together under one roof.
The two-storey facility comprises more than 100 steel-framed modules and was fitted with a lift, stair pods, toilets, tea points and upgraded internal partitioning and doors.
Portakabin installed a high-specification air-conditioning and ventilation system within a suspended ceiling and the scheme also accommodates a full commercial kitchen. Other features supplied by Portakabin included fire alarms, access control, CCTV, steps, smoking shelter, ramps and a cycle store.
Portakabin was able to provide an extensive service for this bespoke project, including managing the Building Control application for all works on site, giving Jaguar Land Rover the speed of delivery it required for the building.
Despite exceptionally heavy rainfall which delayed ground works, Portakabin still achieved the programme with careful co-ordination between contractors.
The torrential rain meant that everyone had to work closely together to ensure progress. It is testament to the hard work of all those involved that the building was completed on time.