You can quickly and easily meet the needs of a diverse population with specially designed facilities and accessible toilet layouts.
Catering for everyone with accessible toilets and showers with room for carers
Our range of portable washrooms and disabled portable toilets has been designed in line with the Equality Act 2010 and industry best practice, with outward opening doors and spacious interiors to enable wheelchairs to complete a full turning circle.
These self-contained units can be located anywhere and are ideal for campsites, leisure facilities, schools, tourist attractions, in fact any place where accessibility for all is a goal.
Why choose the Accessible product range from Portaloo?
- Bright, airy and easy to clean interiors, helping you to maintain a hygienic environment at all times
- A pull-cord emergency alarm with an external indicator allows users to call for assistance if needed
- Built to permanent building standards Portaloo Accessible products are suitable for busy environments and high-volume use
- Delivered to you fully plumbed in and ready for immediate connection to water, waste and energy services
- Regulations-compliant ramps available to provide easy wheelchair access.
Buildings can be created from left and right end modules with middle or enclosed modules
- Building Layouts
A variety of room layouts can be achieved by the installation of partition walls, with a matching polyester steel finish.
- Floor – 3.00kN/m2
- Roof – 0.75kN/m2
- Basic wind speed (to meet BS6399:Part 2 requirements).
Facilities that enable more users to access your services
Portaloo Accessible toilets - provide a fully equipped and ready-to-use building solution for people with disabilities. Specially designed to allow independent use by an individual using a standard-sized wheelchair, self-transfer between a wheelchair and the WC is made easier and safer thanks to the combination of fixed handrails and drop-down grabrails. To assist visually impaired users, all handrails are colour-contrasting and low-level sinks with sensor taps are installed for ease of operation. It’s your disabled portable toilet and can be located anywhere you need it.
Portaloo Accessible toilets and showers - combine the toilet and shower in one unit and features all the specialist amenities you need, with enough room for an assistant if required.
Portaloo Accessible Plus - specifically designed for people who cannot use the toilet independently and need additional space and support. More than just a toilet, it comes equipped with a hoist, changing bench and shower facilities to provide more comfort, dignity and privacy for users and their carers.
- External walls are of a durable one-piece construction offering high-performance, low-maintenance, plastisol-coated galvanised steel finish
- Floors have a rigid galvanised steel frame and an aluminium-zinc coated steel sheet underdrawing, which offers a sturdy and robust feel
- Outstanding insulation is provided by the roof construction which is covered with solar-reflective, profiled plastisol-coated, galvanised steel to reduce heat gain
- Steel-faced doors have an insulating core that minimise heat loss
- Both fixed and opening windows have distinctive square cornered aluminium frames and a polyester powder coated paint finish.
- Read more about our Accessible products for Kew Gardens, Everton Football Club and Caravan Club.
We needed to provide toilets and showers that would provide easy access for people with disabilities, particularly wheelchair users. We met with two providers, but the team from Portaloo had the best offering and expertise by far. The Portaloo disabled person’s toilet and shower buildings provide quality interim facilities suitable for our needs. The fact that Portaloo is such a well-established company with a good geographical spread gave us complete peace-of-mind, as the sites we required the toilets and showers for ranged from John O’Groats to Cornwall.