If you need to create an entire school building, Portakabin can design and supply everything you need to maintain an inspiring learning environment for your pupils.
Crucially, your new school buildings can be up and running in a fraction of the time that you’d expect with a traditional build programme, with the least possible disruption to school life. That’s whether your buildings are an interim solution during building and refurbishment works or a permanent school building designed to the latest education best-practice principles.
School buildings designed to maximise learning potential
We aim to provide spaces that help with pupil engagement through clever design.
- Lighting - We encourage the use of floor-to-ceiling, double glazed windows which maximise natural light
- Air quality - Independent air-permeability tests have shown that our buildings perform up to 70% better than traditionally constructed buildings
- Room temperature - Air pressure tests carried out on a range of completed buildings, in accordance with Building Regulations Part L2A, have demonstrated that steel-framed modular technology can achieve a higher degree of precision, leading to improved thermal efficiency.
Fully fitted for every area of the curriculum
Your complete school building from Portakabin can include everything from specialist classrooms and teaching areas to reception areas, dining and sports halls, break-out rooms, drama studios, lecture theatres, IT suites, stairs and lifts, changing rooms and kitchens.
Everything you need for a fully functioning school will be fitted, so you can move straight in. That includes data connections, climate-control systems, security alarms, furniture, car parks, electrical substations, access ramps and all fixtures and fittings.
It offered value for money on the commercial front, identifying its Portakabin Titan product as a very cost effective solution for our interim classrooms.
Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers say about our track record of delivering exceptional whole schools.
Ashton Grammar School
When Ashton Grammar School undertook an extensive renovation and building works programme, a cost effective temporary classroom solution was required for relocating the students.
When prestigious boys' school Blackrock College undertook a major construction programme to update and rebuild its 147-year-old senior school, extensive temporary facilities were required so that the boys' education could continue uninterrupted.
St Patrick's College
When buildings were demolished to make way for a new development, St Patrick's college needed to source interim teaching accommodation to serve the students until the new building was completed.
Your School Building from Portakabin:
- One-stop-shop - source everything you need from a single supplier, from foundations to furniture
- Column-free interiors for completely flexible, multi-storey layouts
- In-line with the latest education design principles with anti-bullying layouts, including unisex toilets and open-plan communal areas
- Well-ventilated rooms reduce CO2 build-up, so pupils stay alert and attentive for longer
- Installed to HSE guidelines for enhanced child safety and delivered during holidays or weekends where possible
- Speed of delivery offers minimal disruption and a rapid solution in response to an emergency, such as a major fire
Whole school solutions to suit all budgets and timeframes
It’s easy to get the buildings you need, when you choose Portakabin. You can have the financial flexibility of hiring a Portakabin building for as long as you need it.
Much more than a building
From concept to completion and beyond – there’s a specialist behind every stage of your project.
With a truly 360˚ service from Portakabin, rest assured that there’s a team of modular experts managing every stage of your project and your school's lifecycle.