Flexible ward space plays a critical part in meeting targets. A modular solution from Portakabin enables you to quickly adapt space to keep up with changing patient demands.
Bespoke Ward Units
We work closely with trust stakeholders to prioritise patient flow in our design and planning, integrating our facilities so that they complement your existing patient flow plans.
Modular wards can feature:
- Clean/dirty utility
- Staff and kitchen area
- Multi-disciplinary team meeting rooms (MDT)
- Quiet rooms
- Single ensuite rooms
- Bed units
- Nurse call systems, medical gasses, access controls, WiFi (data) and cap and cove flooring
Layouts tailored to facilitate recovery
Designs account for details that are specific to a ward area. The layouts are tailored to provide enough space around beds, to facilitate patient contact and to accommodate equipment, with adequate storage. They are light and airy to aide patient recovery and design features such as integral blinds for the windows make infection control much easier.
Portakabin emerged as our first-choice supplier for the building, due to the standard of its buildings. Portakabin supplied a single-storey modular building and a two-storey structure to meet the demands of the hospital. The 427m² building is constructed from premium-quality, thermally efficient Ultima modules, which were manufactured off-site and delivered to the hospital ready for rapid installation. The modules were configured in line with the hospital's designs to maximise the space available on a tight plot, surrounded on three sides by other buildings.
Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers say about our track record of delivering successful ward units.
Bons Secours Hospital
Whilst undergoing major redevelopment work, Bons Secours Hospital required a high-quality interim building for its physiotherapy department, which needed to be moved out of the main building for the duration of the construction work.
Ashton Grammar School
When Ashton Grammar School undertook an extensive renovation and building works programme, a cost effective temporary classroom solution was required for relocating the students.
When biotech company, Genzyme, embarked on a €95m expansion project, it needed to find office accommodation for the 100 or so engineers who would be involved in the three-year project
Your Ward Unit from Portakabin
- Significant speed, quality and environmental benefits over traditional building construction
- Minimised disruption to your site - construction and fit out off site, before being delivered ready for rapid installation
- Delivery within days from stock, or in a matter of weeks for bespoke projects, giving you a faster return on your investment
- Assured quality - Portakabin buildings have BBA (British Board of Agrément), confirming their compliance with all relevant Building Regulations and Building Standards.
- Complete future flexibility - your building can easily be removed or relocated if your needs change
Much more than a building
From concept to completion and beyond – there’s a specialist behind every stage of your project.
With a truly 360˚ service from Portakabin, rest assured that there’s a team of modular experts managing every stage of your project and your ward unit's lifecycle.