Specially designed modular classrooms of any size for any school classroom application from permanent to temporary classrooms – delivered quickly, nationwide, with minimal disruption.
Portakabin understands how the quality of a learning environment plays an essential role in the effectiveness of teaching and learning. Which is why so many schools, over so many years, from Lynburn Primary School in Fife to Dartington Primary School in Devon have chosen Portakabin classrooms.
From pre-school to university
From pre-school through to primary and from secondary to further and higher education, we know a school classroom forms the foundations of learning. High-quality mobile classrooms for permanent or temporary classrooms can provide the modern, inspiring learning environments you need.
Meeting all Department for Education guidelines
All Portakabin mobile classrooms, whether they are permanent or temporary classrooms are designed to meet or exceed Department for Education guidelines and our team of specialists have worked with renowned learning establishments such as the University of Oxford, Kensington Aldridge Academy, and Lynburn Primary School.
Pupils are now learning in warm, well-ventilated and well-proportioned classrooms. The quality of the building is to a high standard and we are now enjoying our brand new school.
Don't just take our word for it, see what our customers say about our track record of delivering successful classrooms.
University of Oxford
Following the unexpected closure of the University of Oxford’s largest teaching and research building, a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility was up and running without delay, with procurement through the SBS framework helping to streamline the process.
Your classroom from Portakabin
- Bespoke classrooms designed to meet your specific requirements
- Choose from temporary classrooms - installed and ready to use in a matter of days - or a permanent learning environment
- Minimal disruption and improved site safety thanks to fewer vehicle movements and less noise and less waste than a traditional construction site
- Well-ventilated classrooms reduce CO2 build-up and improve concentration levels. Increased ventilation rates have been shown to improve maths and reading test scores1
- Plenty of natural light for a bright, welcoming environment. Pupils who work in a naturally lit school classroom have been shown to perform up to 26% better than those working in artificial light2
- All buildings installed with enhanced child safety in mind, and fitted with safety features such as finger guards on doors and low surface temperature heaters
- A wide variety of interior or external extras, including interactive whiteboards, vision panels, furniture, external finishes and security systems
- Well-insulated, air-tight buildings fitted with movement-sensitive PIR lighting for enhanced energy efficiency
- Designed to meet permanent building regulations, including Part M, Equality Act and SENDA
- Our mobile classrooms can easily be relocated from site to site if your pupil numbers change
2: Study conducted by Heshong Mahone Group (1999), Fair oaks, California
Classroom solutions to suit all budgets and timeframes
It’s easy to get the buildings you need, when you choose Portakabin. Whether you want the total financial flexibility of hiring, the permanence of buying newly manufactured or you want the added sustainability of a pre-owned refurbished Portakabin building, there’s an option to suit you.
Much more than a building
From concept to completion and beyond – there’s a specialist behind every stage of your project.
With a truly 360˚ service from Portakabin, rest assured that there’s a team of modular experts managing every stage of your project and your classroom's lifecycle.